APA Strategic Plan: 2017-2022
In November 2016, APA's Board of Directors discussed the strategic direction of the association and developed the 2017-2022 strategic plan. The 2017-2022 strategic plan identifies 3 substantive goals for ensuring APA's future. The goals are not listed in any order or priority; all are equally important and interrelated.
Strategies indicate how APA will organize, focus and expand its resources to maximize its effectiveness and efficiency in achieving these goals. The goals and strategies will be reviewed annually in order to ensure progress and success.
The Academic Pediatric Association nurtures the academic success and career development of child health professionals engaged in research, advocacy, improvement science and educational scholarship to enhance the health and well-being of all children.
A thriving academic pediatric community that ensures optimal health and well-being for all children, particularly those most vulnerable.
- Academic Excellence
- Health Equity
- Partnership with children, families and communities
Goal 1: APA will be the academic home for child health care professionals by being the premier source for career development.
- Formalize/organize an approach to academic professional development
- Develop an online learning strategy
- Strengthen and expand opportunities for mentoring and networking among members
- Promote internal leadership and engagement opportunities
Goal 2: Increase member diversity and engagement
- Develop a staff-driven, robust communication strategy, tools and guiding principles
Goal 3: Advance an Equitable Child Health Agenda
- Focus advocacy efforts on socially and economically disadvantaged children
- Elevate and apply an academic approach to translating how evidence informs policy
- Collaborate and partner with the Pediatric Policy CouncilÂ and other child health organizations to ensure APA's mission and vision are represented.
Goal 4: Build an effective infrastructure and secure the necessary staff, technology and financial resources to support our mission.
- Explore new governance structures to separate strategy from operations
- Define and delineate Board and Staff roles for efficiency and effectiveness
- Invest in staff and professional expertise to support and advance the efforts of the organization
- Explore efficiencies in both technology and processes
- Improve and enhance internal communications