Information for Submitting Application
The application deadline for 2013 has passed.
To be eligible for the Program, a candidate must meet the following criteria.
- Be a pediatric educator (MD or PhD) who is involved in the education of medical students, residents, fellows, or faculty in generalist, hospitalist or subspecialty pediatric educational programs.
- Arrange payment of a tuition fee of $5000, due on February 1, 2012. If payment is not received by this date, your position will be filled by an individual on the waitlist.
- Agree to commit 10% effort during the three years of program participation; attend ESP teaching sessions; complete required assignments; and conduct an individual project, under the guidance of a mentor, that results in a peer-reviewed publication or presentation. The individual project should be in line with the applicant's career goals and with departmental and institutional expectations of the applicant. A statement must be signed by the applicant and his/her supervisor agreeing to the 10% time commitment.
- Each applicant must select a project topic and mentor prior to applying for the program. ESP faculty are available for discussion of project ideas prior to application submission, if needed. Projects may be modified post program enrollment after enrollment in the program, after discussion with the Scholar's mentor, assigned ESP advisor, and the ESP Director.
- Scholars are responsible for finding their own mentors. If you are unable to do so, ESP program administrators can facilitate connection with a mentor (contact the APA Office at least one month prior to the application deadline.) A letter of agreement by the project mentor must be submitted with the application.
- You must be (or become) a current member of Academic Pediatric Association.
The online application site will open on July 1, 2012
During the online application process, you will be asked to submit the following materials electronically online:
STEP 1. Personal information and Statement of Agreement to Participate
STEP 2. Project description (with 250-word Personal Statement)
STEP 3. Required statement and letter from your Supervisor
STEP 4. Required statement and letter from your Mentor
NOTE: Letters of reference must comment on the areas listed in the "Criteria for Letters of Reference". Please give a copy of these criteria to your supervisor and mentor.
STEP 5. A curriculum vitae that highlights your education, post-graduate training, background and experience in education, publications, research, and organizational affiliations relevant to education or educational research.
STEP 6. Submit your application. If you have any questions regarding the application or application process, contact Connie Mackay at 703-556-9222 email@example.com