2013 Press Releases
Volume 13, Number 2 (.pdf)
- Benard P. Dreyer, MD. To Create a Better World for Children and Families: The Case for Ending Childhood Poverty.
In the Moment
- Elizabeth Hiroko Ristagno, MD. The Mask.
- Shari Barkin, MD, MSHS; David Schlundt, PhD; Padget Smith, BA. Community Engages Research Perspectives: Then and Now.
Children with Chronic Conditions
- Alison B. Yee, MPH; Maria Fagnano, MPH; Jill S. Halterman, MD, MPH. Preventive Asthma Care Delivery in the Primary Care Office: Missed Opportunities for Children with Persistent Asthma Symptoms.
- Elizabeth Pollock, BS; Kristin Litzelman, BA; Lauren E. Wisk, BS; Whitney P. Witt, PhD, MPH. Correlates of physiological and psychological stress among parents of childhood cancer and brain tumor survivors.
- Sally H. Adams, RN, PhD; Paul W. Newacheck, DrPH; M. Jane Park, MPH; Claire D. Brindis, DrPH; Charles E. Irwin, Jr., MD. Medical Home for Adolescents: Low Attainment Rates for Those with Mental Health Problems and Other Vulnerable Groups.
- Christopher J. Stille, MD, MPH; Shira H. Fischer, MD, PhD; Nancy La Pelle, PhD; Beth Dworetzky, MS; Kathleen M. Mazor, EdD; W. Carl Cooley, MD. Parent Partnerships in Communication and Decision Making about Subspecialty Referrals for Children with Special Needs.
- Henry Bernstein, DO; Niramol Dhepyasuwan, MEd; Kara Connors, MPH; Kevin Volkan, PhD, MPH; Janet R.Serwint, MD; and the CORNET Investigators. Evaluation of a National Bright Futures Oral Health Curriculum For Pediatric Residents.
- Eve R Colson, MD; Benard P. Dreyer, MD; Janice L. Hanson, PhD; Linda Tewksbury, MD; Matthew Johnson, PhD; Glenn Flores, MD. Qualitative Abstracts Submitted to the PAS Meeting: Are They Less Likely to be Accepted for Presentation?
- Bergen B. Nelson, MD, MSHS; Paul J. Chung, MD, MS; Steven R. Forness, EdD; Olivia Pillado, MA; Susan Savage, PhD; Helen M. DuPlessis, MD, MPH; Whitcomb Hayslip, MA; Sheryl H. Kataoka, MD, MS. Beyond Special Education: A Tiered Approach to Developmental and Health Services in Head Start Preschools.
- Nia S Mitchell, MD, MPH; Christina A Suh, MD; Nanette Stroebele, PhD; James O Hill, PhD; Adam G Tsai, MD, MSCE. Weight change in pediatric TennCare recipients referred to a commercial weight loss program.
- Pauline W. Jansen, PhD; Fiona K. Mensah, PhD; Susan A. Clifford, PhD; Henning Tiemeier, MD PhD; Jan M. Nicholson, PhD; Melissa Wake, MD PhD. A prospective population-based study of how mental health problems and overweight develop between ages 4 and 11 years.
- Michele Campbell, MB BS, PhD; Hannah E Bryson, BA(Hons); Anna MH Price, BA(Hons), PhD; Melissa Wake, MB BS, FRACP, MD, Grad Dip Epi. Childhood obesity in secondary care: National prospective audit of Australian pediatric practice.
2013 Press Releases
Volume 13, Number 1 (.pdf)
- Julie C. Lumeng, MD. Associations between Obesity and Comorbid Mental Health, Developmental and Physical Health Conditions.
APA-AAP Policy Statement
- Home Visiting and the Family-Centered Medical Home: Synergistic Services to Promote Child Health. Sara L. Toomey, MD, MPhil, MPH, MSc; Tina L. Cheng, MD, MPH for the APA-AAP Workgroup on the Family-Centered Medical Home.
Children at Risk
- Neal Halfon, MD, MPH; Kandyce Larson, PhD; Wendy Slusser MD, MS. Associations between Obesity and Comorbid Mental Health, Developmental and Physical Health Conditions in a Nationally Representative Sample of U.S. Children Ages 10-17.
- Ariane Marie-Mitchell, MD, PhD, MPH; Thomas G O'Connor, PhD. Adverse Childhood Experiences: Translating Knowledge into Identification of Children at Risk for Poor Outcomes.
- Maida P. Galvez, MD, MPH; Kathleen McGovern, MPH; Catherine Knuff; Susan Resnick, MA, MSW; Barbara Brenner, DrPh; Susan L. Teitelbaum, PhD; Mary S. Wolff, PhD. Associations between Neighborhood Resources and Physical Activity in Inner City Minority Children.
- Henry H. Bernstein, DO; Cathie Spino, DSc; Christina M. Lalama, MS; Stacia A. Finch, MA; Richard C. Wasserman, MD, MPH; Marie C. McCormick, MD, ScD. Beyond Length of Stay: Impact of Unreadiness for Postpartum Discharge Following Healthy Term Pregnancy.
- Daniel J. Schumacher, MD, MEd; Kadriye O. Lewis, EdD; Ann E. Burke, MD; M. Lynne Smith, EdD; Jayna B. Schumacher, MD; Mary Anne Pitman, PhD; Stephen Ludwig, MD, Patricia J. Hicks, MD; Susan Guralnick, MD; Robert Englander, MD, MPH; Bradley Benson, MD; Carol Carraccio, MD, MA. The Pediatrics Milestones: Initial Evidence for Their Use as Learning Roadmaps for Residents.
- Mark Cicero MD; Antonio Riera MD; Veronika Northrup MPH; Marc Auerbach MD, MSci; Kevin Pearson; Carl R. Baum MD. Design, Validity, and Reliability of a Pediatric Resident JumpSTART Disaster Triage Scoring Instrument.
- Dimitri A. Christakis, MD MPH; Mary Pat Frintner, MSPH; Deborah A Mulligan, MD; Gilbert L Fuld, MD; Lynn M Olson, PhD. The current state of media education in pediatric residencies: A national survey.
- Corey K Bradley, BA; Melissa A Fischer, MD, Med; Kathleen E Walsh, MD, MSc. Trends in medical error education: Are we failing our residents?
- Mary Pat Frintner, MSPH; Fernando S Mendoza, MD, MPH; Benard P Dreyer, MD; William L Cull, PhD; Danielle Laraque, MD. Resident Cross-Cultural Training, Satisfaction and Preparedness.
- R. Christopher Sheldrick, PhD; Brandi S. Henson, PsyD; Emily N. Neger, BA; Shela Merchant, MA; J. Michael Murphy, EdD; Ellen C. Perrin, MD. The Baby Pediatric Symptom Checklist (BPSC): Development and initial validation of a new social/emotional screening instrument for very young children.
2012 Press Releases
Volume 12, Number 6 (.pdf)
In the Moment
- Eve Megargel and Sarabeth Broder-Fingert, M.D. Autism and Hospitals: A Difficult Match.
View from the Association of Pediatric Program Directors
- Robert Englander, MD MPH; Ann E. Burke, MD; Susan Guralnick, MD; Bradley Benson, MD; Patricia J. Hicks, MD; Stephen Ludwig, MD; Daniel Schumacher, MD MEd; Lisa Johnson, MBA; Carol Carraccio, MD MA. The Pediatrics Milestones: A continuous quality improvement project is launched-Now the hard work begins!
Nutrition and Physical Activity
- Pooja S. Tandon, MD MPH; Chuan Zhou, PhD; Dimitri A. Christakis, MD MPH. The frequency of outdoor play for preschool age children cared for at home-based child care settings.
- Nita Vangeepuram, MD, MPH; Nancy Mervish, PhD2, Maida P Galvez, MD, MPH; Barbara Brenner, DrPh; Mary S Wolff, MS, PhD. Dietary and Physical Activity Behaviors of New York City Children from Different Ethnic Minority Subgroups.
- Christian D. Pulcini, MEd, MPH; Milton Kotelchuck, PhD, MPH; Karen Kuhlthau, PhD; Alixandra A. Nozzolillo, MS; James M. Perrin, M.D. Potential Savings from Redetermining Disability among Children Receiving Supplemental Security Income Benefits. MOVED FROM 12,5.
Behavioral Conditions and Mental Health
- Meinou H.C. Theunissen, MSc; Anton. G.C. Vogels, PhD; Sijmen A. Reijneveld, MD PhD. Work experience and style explain variation between pediatricians in the detection of children with psychosocial problems.
- Melanie Sberna Hinojosa, PhD; Ramon Hinojosa, PhD; Daniel Fernandez-Baca, MA; Caprice Knapp, PhD; Lindsay Thompson, MD. Parental Strain, Parental Health, and Community Characteristics Among Children with Attention Deficit-Hyperactivity Disorder.
- Rashmi Shetgiri, MD; Hua Lin, PhD; Glenn Flores, MD. Identifying Children At Risk for Being Bullies in the US.
- Ashley M. Butler, PhD; Marc Kowalkowski, MS; Heather A. Jones, PhD; Jean L. Raphael, MD MPH. The Relationship of Reported Neighborhood Conditions with Child Mental Health. MOVED FROM 12,5.
The Role of Families
- Jan L. Wallander, PhD; Chris Fradkin, MA; Alyna T. Chien, MD, MS; Sylvie Mrug, PhD; Stephen W. Banspach, PhD; Susan Davies, PhD; Marc N. Elliott, PhD; Luisa Franzini, PhD; Mark A. Schuster, MD, PhD. Racial/Ethnic Disparities in Health-Related Quality of Life and Health in Children Are Largely Mediated by Family Contextual Differences.
- Amy Lewin, PsyD; Stephanie J. Mitchell, PhD; Lee S. Beers, MD; Mark E. Feinberg, PhD; Cynthia S. Minkovitz, MD, MPP. Coparenting In Teen Mothers and their Children's Fathers: Evidence from the Early Childhood Longitudinal Study - Birth Cohort.
Developmental Pediatrics and Early Intervention
- Beth M. McManus, PT, MPH, ScD; Steven A. Rosenberg, PhD. Does the persistence of development delay predict receipt of early intervention services?
- Manuel E. Jimenez, MD; Frances K. Barg, PhD, Med; James P. Guevara, MD, MPH; Marsha Gerdes, PhD; Alexander G. Fiks, MD, MSCE. Barriers to Evaluation for Early Intervention Services: Parent and Early Intervention Employee Perspectives.
Pediatric Surgical Care
- David Fox, MD; Juliana Barnard, MA; Elizabeth J Campagna, MS, PStat; L. Miriam Dickinson, PhD; Jennifer Bruny, MD; Allison Kempe, MD, MPH. Fundoplication and the Pediatric Surgeon: Implications for Shared Decision Making and the Medical Home.
- John C. Dunlop, MD; James A. Meltzer, MD; Ellen J. Silver, PhD; Ellen F. Crain, MD, PhD. Is Nonperforated Pediatric Appendicitis Still Considered a Surgical Emergency? A Survey of Pediatric Surgeons.
2011 Press Releases
Volume 11, Number 2 (.pdf)
This special issue on children with special health care needs, sponsored by the federal Bureau of Maternal and Child Health and MassGeneral Hospital for Children honors Jim Perrin, the founding editor of the children and a leader in policy and care of children with special health care needs and their families, and Polly Arango a noted advocate for families of children with special care needs, one of the founders of Family Voices, and a leader in the field of family-centered care.
Acknowledgements and Introductions
- "Acknowledgements." Peter Szilagyi MD, MPH, Karen Kuhlthau, PhD
- "Children with Special Health Care Needs: A Celebration of Success!"Peter Szilagyi, MD, MPH, Karen Kuhlthau, PhD.
- "Polly Arango: A Remembrance." Merle McPherson, MD
- "Family Centered Care."Polly Arango.
- "Historical Perspective on Family Centered Care." Nora Wells, MS Ed
- "Children with Special Health Care Needs and Changing Policy."James M. Perrin, MD.
In the Moment
- The Hand on the Door. Moira Szilagyi, MD, PhD.
Jim Perrin Celebration
- "Caring for Children with Special Needs: Historical Perspective."Robert Haggerty, MD
- "From My Head and My Heart: Improving Quality of Care for Children and Youth with Special Health Care Needs."Charles J. Homer, MD, MPH
- "Health Care Services and the Transition to Young Adulthood: Challenges and Opportunities." M. Jane Park, MPH, Sally H. Adams, RN, PhD, Charles E. Irwin, Jr, MD
- "Integrity Matters: Recapturing The Relevance of General Academic Pediatrics." M. Paul H. Wise, MD, MPH
New Research on Children with Special Health Care Needs (CSHCN)
- "Internal Psychometric properties of the Children with Special Health Care Needs Screener" Adam C. Carle, Ph.D., Stephen J. Blumberg, Ph.D., Charlie Poblenz. (Contact Adam Carle, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Evidence for Family Centered Care for Children with Special Health Care Needs: A Systematic Review." Karen Kuhlthau, PhD, Sheila Bloom, MS, Jeanne Van Cleave, MD, Alixandra A. Knapp, MS, Diane Romm, PhD, Kirsten Klatka, MSW, Charlie Homer, MD, MPH, Paul Newacheck, DrPH, James M Perrin, MD. (Contact Karen Kuhlthau, PhD, email@example.com)
- "Assessing Family-Provider Partnerships and Satisfaction with Care among US Children with Special Health Care Needs." Mary Kay Kenney, PhD, Diana Denboba, BS, Bonnie Strickland, PhD, Paul W. Newacheck, DrPH. (Contact Mary Kay Kenney, PhD, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Special Needs Children with Speech and Hearing Difficulties: Prevalence and Unmet Needs." Mary Kay Kenney, PhD, Michael D. Kogan, PhD. (Contact Mary Kay Kenney, PhD, email@example.com)
- "Medical Home as Mediator of the Relation between Mental Health Symptoms and Family Burden among CSHCN." Reem M. Ghandour, DrPH, Deborah F. Perry, PhD, Michael D. Kogan, PhD, Bonnie B. Strickland, PhD. (Contact Reem M. Ghandour, DrPH, firstname.lastname@example.org)
Volume 11, Number 1 (.pdf)
The Joseph W. St. Geme, Jr. Lecture. "Striving for Polygamy." Stephen Ludwig, MD. This speech is being jointly published with Pediatrics.
Education and Support for Parents
- "View from the Association of Pediatric Program Directors" . The Role of Supervision in Creating Responsible and Competent Physicians. Patricia J. Hicks, MD. (Contact Patricia J. Hicks, MD. email@example.com)
- "Breastfeeding Education and Support Services Offered to Pediatric Residents in the U.S" Yardaena B. Osband, MD, Robin L. Altman, MD, Patricia A. Patrick, DrPH, Karen S. Edwards, MD, MPH. (Contact Yardaena B. Osband, MD, firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "The Impact of Childcare Problems on Employment: Findings from a National Survey of US Parents."
Guillermo Montes PhD, Jill S. Halterman MD, MPH. (Contact Guillermo Montes PhD, email@example.com)
- "Books and Reading: Evidence-Based Standard of Care Whose Time Has Come."Barry Zuckerman, MD, Marilyn Augustyn, MD. (Contact Barry Zuckerman, MD, Barry.Zuckerman@bmc.org)
This issue includes two commentaries on prevention, one by Judith S. Shaw, EdD, MPH, RN and Paula Duncan, MD and a second by Robert Sege, MD, PhD.
- "Delivery of Well Child Care: A Look Inside the Door. " Chuck Norlin, MD, Morgan A. Crawford, MD, Christopher T. Bell, Xiaoming Sheng, PhD, Martin T. Stein, MD. (Contact Chuck Norlin, MD, firstname.lastname@example.org.) This article will be freely available to the public on open access at http://www.sciencedirect.com/science/journal/18762859. (Click on the link to the article.)
- "Innovative Delivery of Newborn Anticipatory Guidance: A RCT Incorporating Media-Based Learning into Primary Care. " Heather A. Paradis, MD, MPH, Kelly M. Conn, MPH, Janna R. Gewirtz, BA, Jill S. Halterman, MD, MPH. (Contact Heather Paradis, MD, MPH, Heather_Paradis@urmc.rochester.edu)
- "Using Baby Books to Increase New Mothers' Safety Practices." Stephanie M. Reich, PhD, Emily K. Penner, MA & Greg J. Duncan, PhD. (Contact Stephanie M. Reich, email@example.com)
- "Getting under the hood: Exploring issues that affect provider-based recall using an Immunization Information System." Alison Saville, MSPH, MSW, Karen Albright, PhD, Carolyn Nowels, MSPH, Juliana Barnard, MA, Matthew F. Daley, MD, Shannon Stokley, MPH, Kimberly Irby, MPH, and Allison Kempe, MD, MPH. (Contact Alison Saville, MSPH, MSW, Alison.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Use of a Pictographic Diagram to Decrease Parent Dosing Errors with Infant Acetaminophen: A Health Literacy Perspective." H. Shonna Yin, MD, MS, Alan L. Mendelsohn, MD, Arthur Fierman, MD, Linda van Schaick, MSEd, Isabel S. Bazan, BA, Benard P. Dreyer, MD. (Contact H. Shonna Yin, MD, MS, email@example.com)
Quality Improvement and Clinical
- "Quality Improvement for Asthma Care within a Hospital-Based Teaching Clinic." Maya Bunik, MD, MSPH, Monica J. Federico, MD, Brenda Beaty, MSPH, Michael Rannie, RN, MS, J. Tod Olin, MD, Allison Kempe, MD, MPH. (Contact Maya Bunik, MD, MSPH, Bunik.firstname.lastname@example.org)
- "Natural history of pandemic H1N1 2009 influenza infection in healthy pediatric outpatients." Michael Hawkes, MD, Suzanne Schuh, MD, Moshe Ipp, MD, Ari Bitnun, MD, MSc, Susan E. Richardson, MD, Patricia C. Parkin, MD, Derek Stephens, BSc, MSc, Dat Tran, MD, MSc. (Contact Dat Tran, MD, MSc, email@example.com)
2010 Press Releases
Volume 10, Number 6 (.pdf)
- "View from the Association of Pediatric Program Directors. Resident Work Duty Hour Requirements: Medical Educators' Perspectives." Ann E. Burke, MD, Jerry Rushton, MD, Susan Guralnick, MD, and Patricia Hicks, MD. (Contact Ann Burke, Ann.firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- "Just be Respectful of the Primary Doc: Teaching Mutual Respect as a Dimension of Teamwork in General Pediatrics."
Dorene F. Balmer, PhD, Boyd F. Richards, PhD, Angelo P. Giardino, MD, PhD, MPH. (Contact Dorene Balmer, email@example.com.)
This issue includes a commentary on prevention by Paul Young.
- "Bed Sharing Among Black Infants And Sudden Infant Death Syndrome: Interactions With Other Known Risk Factors." Linda Y. Fu MD, MS, Rachel Y. Moon, MD, Fern R. Hauck, MD, MS. (Contact Linda Fu, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- "Maternal Assessment of Physician Qualification to Give Advice on AAP Recommended Infant Sleep Practices Related to SIDS." Lauren A. Smith, MD, MPH, Eve R. Colson, MD, Denis Rybin, MS, Amy Margolis, BS, Theodore Colton, ScD, George Lister, MD, Michael J. Corwin, MD. (Contact Lauren Smith, Lauren.email@example.com.)
- "A case-control study to evaluate Utah's shaken baby prevention program." Heather T. Keenan, MDCM, PhD, John M. Leventhal, MD (Contact Heather Keenan, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
- "Use of Drugs Known to Cause Fetal Harm Among Women Delivering Infants in Haiti." Astride Jules, M.D., Lisa A. Kaltenbach, M.S., Patrick G. Arbogast, Ph.D., T. Lynne Caples, M.S., Eli K. Po'e, B.S, William O. Cooper, M.D., M.P.H. (Contact William Cooper, email@example.com.)
- "An Update on Assessing Development in the Pediatric Office: Has Anything Changed after Two Policy Statements?" Alma D. Guerrero, MD, MPH, Nicole Garro, MPH, John T. Chang, MD, PhD, MPH, Alice A. Kuo, MD, PhD. (Contact Alma Guerrero, firstname.lastname@example.org.) This article is available on open access at http://download.journals.elsevierhealth.com/pdfs/journals/1876-2859/PIIS187628591000224X.pdf .
- "Under-diagnosis of Pediatric Obesity during Outpatient Preventive Care Visits." Anisha I. Patel, MD, MSPH, Kristine A. Madsen, MD, MPH, Judith H. Maselli, MSPH, Michael D. Cabana, MD, MPH, Randall S. Stafford, MD, PhD, Adam L. Hersh, MD, PhD. (Contact Anisha Patel, Patela@peds.ucsf.edu.)
- "Association of Adolescent Choking Game Activity with Selected Risk Behaviors." Joseph A. Dake, PhD, MPH, James H. Price, PhD, MD, Nicole Kolm-Valdivia, MPH, Margaret Wielinski, MPH. (Contact Joseph Dake, email@example.com.)
- "Identifying Children with Lifelong Chronic Conditions for Care Coordination Using Hospital Discharge Data." John M. Neff, MD, Holly Clifton, MPH, Kathleen J. Park, MD, MPH, Caren Goldenberg, MPH, Jean Popalisky, DNP, RN, James W. Stout MD, MPH, Benjamin S. Danielson, MD. (Contact John Neff, firstname.lastname@example.org.)
Volume 10, Number 5 (.pdf)
- The Risks of Teen Childbearing: Are Later Children Born to Former Teen Mothers at Risk?
- The Risks of Teen Childbearing: Rehospitalization and Emergency Care Use among Premature Infants
- Are Parents Able to Understand Infant Health Information?
- Are Medical Homes More Likely to Provide Preventive Well Child Care?
Volume 10, Number 4 (.pdf)
- Is Pediatric Prescription Information User Friendly?
- What Do Adolescents Know about Over-the-Counter Medications?
- Are Adverse Childhood Experiences Associated with Risky Behaviors during Pregnancy?
- How Useful are Inpatient Pediatric Quality Indicators to Compare Hospitals?
Volume 10, Number 3 (.pdf)
- How Do Combined Social and Biomedical Risks Affect Child Health and Health Service Use?
- Is Provider-Parent Language Concordance Required to Deliver Culturally Competent Care?
- Can Head Start Enrollment Help Reduce Obesity and Overweight among Low Income Children?
- Do Caregivers Referred to Smoking Cessation Programs Enroll for Services?
Volume 10, Number 2 (.pdf)
- Variations in Quality of Children's Health Care by Race/Ethnicity and Payer Status
- Can an Information Sheet Improve Families' Satisfaction with Hospital Care?
- Is an Online Curriculum an Effective Learning Tool?
Volume 10, Number 1 (.pdf)
- How Can Professionals Help Improve Rates of Breastfeeding among Low Income Women?
- Is What are Pediatricians' and Parents' Attitudes about Over the Counter Cold Symptom Treatments?
2009 Press Releases
Volume 9, Number 5 (.pdf)
- Can Color-Coding Improve Parents' Understanding of BMI Charts?
- Are Neighborhood Store and Children's Weight Related?
- Will Parents of Newborns Accept Vaccinations in Pediatric Offices?
- Are Use of TV, Computer and Other Media Related to Children's Health?
Volume 9, Number 4 (.pdf)
- Are Medical Homes Accessible to Minority Children?
- Are There Disparities in Medical Home Access for Children with Asthma?
- Do Children's Activity Limitations Affect Parents' Health, Mental Health, and Work?
- What are the Clinical Applications of Yoga in Pediatrics?
Volume 9, Number 3 (.pdf)
- Are Adverse Childhood Exposures and Child Health Related?
- Are Racial/Ethnic Differences Associated with Children's Access to Primary Care Medical Homes?
- What is the Association among Violence Exposure, Child Discipline and Child Behavior Problems for African American Families
- The Association of Pediatric Injuries with the Use of Children's Wagons
Volume 9, Number 2 (.pdf)
- A New Model for Translational Research
- What Factors Explain Racial/Ethnic Difference in Parents' Seeking Mental Health Care for Their Children?
- Is Household Language Associated with Surveillance for Developmental and Behavioral Concerns?
- What Issues Affect Decisions to Screen for Rare Genetic Conditions?
Volume 9, Number 1 (.pdf)
- What is the Evidence for Child Health Insurance?
- Why are Mexican American Toddlers at Risk for Prolonged Bottle Feeding and Iron Deficiency?
- Is There a Relationship between Perceived Primary Care Quality and Emergency Department Use?
- Why Do Parents and Infants Share Beds?
- Do Parents Perceive a Need and Ability to Influence Children's Health Behaviors?
2008 Press Releases
Volume 8, Number 6 (.pdf)
- Can Bicycling Help Prevent Overweight among Children?
- What are Children's Dangers from Scooter Use?
- Why Do Parents Bring Children to the Emergency Department for Non-urgent Conditions?
Volume 8, Number 5 (.pdf)
- Are Environmental Tobacco Smoke and Behavior of Urban Children with Asthma Related?
- What Factors are Associated with Improved Outcomes for Children with Asthma After an Emergency Department Visit?
- Can Newborn Care Training Improve Neonatal Mortality in the Developing World?
- How Do Gaps in Insurance Coverage Affect Children's Health Care Access, Utilization and Satisfaction?
Volume 8, Number 4 (.pdf)
- Injury-Related Emergency Department Utilization and Expenditures in the US in 2003
- Do School-Based Health Center Users Report Improved Health-Related Quality of Life? Are Antibiotics Overused for Treating Upper Respiratory Infections?
- Understanding such discrepancies is crucial to monitoring antibiotic overuse and to develop and evaluate interventions to reduce overuse. (Contact Elizabeth Cox, MD. PhD, (608)263-9104)
Volume 8, Number 3 (.pdf)
- Are Separations from Parents Linked to Learning Problems in Children?
- What Factors Predict Use of Methylphenidate to Treat Attention Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder?
- Are Young Children of Immigrant Mothers Getting Immunized?
Volume 8, Number 2 (.pdf)
- Do Parents' Perceptions of Asthma Vary with Race and Ethnicity?
- How Does a New Pediatric Practice Affect Referrals to an Academic Medical Center?
- Are Vaccinations for Sexually Transmitted Infections Acceptable to Latino Parents?
- Are Adverse and Positive Childhood Experiences Associated with Depressive Symptoms in Pregnant Women?
Volume 8, Number 1 (.doc)
- Do Pediatricians Think They Are Responsible for Identifying and Managing Child Mental Health Problems?
- Do Gaps in Health Insurance Affect Access to Care for Children with Asthma?
- Are Housing and Food Insecurity Related to Reduced Access to Health Care for Low Income Children?
2007 Press Releases
Volume 7, Number 4 (.doc)
- Racial and Ethnic Disparities in Asthma Burden Among Chicago Elementary Schoolchildren
- Sexual Victimization and Reproductive Health Outcomes
- Use of Off-Label Antihypertensive Medications in Children
Volume 7, Number 3 (.doc)
- Parents' Role in Assessing Medical Students' Communication and Professionalism
- Perceptions of ADHD among African American Parents
- Media Content and Externalizing Behaviors in Latino Toddlers
- Bullying among Children with Autism and the Influence of Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD)
Volume 7, Number 2 (.doc)
- Race and Gender Variations in Annual Incomes of Pediatricians
- Children with Asthma Continue To Experience Poor Symptom Control
- Medical Licensing Exam Performance is Predictor of Future Board Passage in Pediatrics Practice-Based Education Not Cost-Effective in Improving Immunization Rates
Volume 7, Number 1 (.doc)
- Economic Impact of ADHD in Children and Adolescents
- Peer Functioning in Children with ADHD
- Educational Outcomes of Children with ADHD
- Enrollment in State Children's Health Insurance Program Improves Health Care for Children
- Low Parental Literacy Is Associated with Worse Asthma Outcomes for Children
2006 Press Releases
Volume 6, Number 6 (.doc)
- Content, Quality and Cost of Complementary and Alternative Medicines in Different Socioeconomic Communities
- Less Injury Prevention Guidance Is Associated with
- More Injury Visits among Young Children
- Relationship between Overweight or Obesity and Mental Health in Children
- Gender Differences in Residents' Perspectives on Community Pediatrics
Volume 6, Number 5 (.doc)
- US Children's Health Care Insurance Coverage, Health Service Use, and Expenditures by County Level of Urban Influence
- Middle Ear Effusion in Young Children Is Not Associated with School Achievement at Age 7
- Predicting Children's Blood Lead Levels from Exposure to School Drinking Water
- Relationship of Childhood Behavior Disorders to Weight Gain
- from Childhood to Adulthood
Volume 6, Number 4 (.doc)
- Barriers to School-Based Asthma Care
- Inappropriate Antibiotic Use Declines in Memphis, TN Area
- Insurance Coverage Provides Partial Financial Safety-Net for Parents of Children with Special Health Care Needs
- How Reliable is Telemedicine in Evaluating Acute Illness in Children?
Volume 6, Number 3 (.doc)
- Maternal Influence on Children's Use of Motor Vehicle Restraints
- Prescribing Antibiotics for Respiratory Infections Does Not Save Physicians Time
- Many Children's Are Unaware of Parent's HIV Status
- Rising Prevalence of Diabetes Mellitus in Privately-insured Children
Volume 6, Number 2 (.doc)
- Affects of Breast Feeding Among Low Income Chilean Children
- Books, Toys, Parent-Child Interaction and Development in Young Latino Children
- Increasing Rates of Prescribing Antipsychotic Medications for US Children
- Environmental Tobacco Smoke Exposure Persists for Children with Asthma
Volume 6, Number 1 (.doc)
- Children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder Have Increased Risk of Injuries
- Stimulant Treatment for ADHD Is Associated with Lower Emergency Care Use But Higher Medical Costs
- Maternal Depressive Symptoms Are Associated with Poorer Preventive Care for Preschool Children
- Children with Asthma in Medicaid Managed Care Are Missing Influenza Vaccinations
Access to all editions of the Journal
is only available for APA members at