Dear CORNET Members,
We wanted to share with you what is new within CORNET.
In Progress: National Immunization Partnership with the APA (NIPA)
This large-scale, quality improvement project coaches clinical sites through practice changes in order to increase adolescent HPV vaccination rates and limit missed opportunities for HPV vaccination at every clinic visit.
Faculty who meet minimum participation requirements will receive MOC 4 credit. Moreover we are excited that we will be able to offer banked MOC credit for residents as well.
We are finalizing data collection and will begin the data analysis stage with our sites participating in Wave 1. We are entering the third month of intervention with our sites participating in Wave 2. We expect to start a third wave in early 2017. If your site is interested in joining, please contact Holly Tyrrell at Hollyce@academicpeds.org for details.
In Progress: Preventive Services Improvement Project – State Spread (PreSIPS2)
A quality improvement initiative based on Bright Futures to improve the preventive health outcomes of young children is underway. Four Continuity Clinics from CORNET are participating in this collaborative project with AAP State Chapters. Measurement-based preventive services, implemented by faculty and residents in continuity clinics, are the key to the "future" of Bright Futures as well as incorporation into community practices as our residents transition into their professional careers.
Completed Project: The National Partnership for Adolescent Immunization (NPAI) project has been completed. Data from this study were presented at PAS in April. We anticipate 3 manuscripts from this project and they are in preparation.
PAS 2016 Recap
Thank you to everyone who attended the CORNET Members Meeting at PAS in April. We are excited for new projects and partnerships moving forward! We are especially excited about our new collaboration with Family Voices, a national parent advocacy group. Our new Network Director, Iman Sharif, and Network Coordinator, Holly Tyrrell, are working hard to fill the shoes as Janet and Nui transition from their prior roles.
Region Research Chair Recruitment
We are seeking APA CORNET members from Region I and Region X to serve as members of the CORNET Executive Committee in the role as the Regional Research Chairs. As a member of this Committee, you will benefit by acquiring new skills from other members, enhancing networking while making new friends and professional contacts, and developing opportunities for collaborative research. Moreover, this is a great way to add "national contributions" to your CV.
The CORNET Executive Committee will review and consider the materials submitted from all interested applicants for this position.
The Role of a CORNET Regional Research Chair is to:
- Facilitate communication among the Region's CORNET member sites and direct information to and from the Executive Committee.
- Set up a regional email listserv and/or make periodic phone calls to regional training programs.
- Provide communication at least quarterly with regional sites.
- Represent and present updates about CORNET at Regional APA meetings. Materials can be obtained from the Network Director or Coordinator.
- Solicit additional institutions/practices within their region to participate in CORNET.
- Solicit and help generate research study ideas from regional practices.
- Communication with regional practices about upcoming research studies and recruit interested practice sites.
- Assist participating practices whenever possible in the implementation of research studies through mentoring.
- Help maintain regional lists of programs.
- Advise on possible funding opportunities.
- Attend the annual 1½ day national CORNET planning meeting following the PAS meeting. To date, we have been able to provide 1 night's hotel accommodation for this purpose; however, transportation must be available through the member's own institution.
To apply, please submit your name, CV, and a brief summary describing your interest in serving on the CORNET Executive Committee as a Regional Research Chair to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you know your Regional Research Chair?
Here is the current list of CORNET chairs by APA region. Please reach out to your local contact for any questions or research ideas. They would be happy to provide you with guidance and suggestions.
Region I: To be filled
Region II: Allison Gorman, email@example.com
Region III: Lynn Garfunkel, firstname.lastname@example.org
Region IV: Mike Steiner, email@example.com
Region V: Heather Burrows, firstname.lastname@example.org
Region VI: Sue Heaney, Heaney@slu.edu
Region VII: Teresa Duryea, email@example.com
Region VIII: Sharon Dabrow, firstname.lastname@example.org
Region IX: Wendy Hobson-Rohrer, email@example.com
Region X: To be filled