Welcome New Members!
CORNET would like to extend a welcome to the sites that joined in 2013:
Elmhurst Hospital Center - David Rhee
Children's Hospital of Michigan - Lynn Smitherman
Rutgers - Robert Wood Johnson Hospital - Elizabeth Goodman
Jersey Shore University Medical Center - Janet Schairer
Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center - Tammy Camp
University of California, Los Angeles - Alice Kuo
Regional Research Chair Recruitment for Region X
We are seeking an APA CORNET member from Region X to serve in this role as a member of the CORNET Executive Committee. Region X represents CORNET members from Alaska, Colorado, Idaho, Montana, Northern California, Oregon, Washington, Wyoming, Alberta and British Columbia.
To apply, please submit your name, your CV and a brief summary describing your interest in serving on the CORNET Executive Committee as a Regional Research Chair. Please submit this information to the CORNET Research Coordinator, Nui Dhepyasuwan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The CORNET Executive Committee will consider the materials from all interested applicants for this position.
The role of a CORNET Regional Research Chair is to:
Work with the Executive Committee in
- Reviewing submitted research proposals
- Providing research proposal feedback to the submitters
- Determining proposal acceptance
- Attending the annual 1½ day national CORNET planning meeting following the PAS meeting. We have been able to provide 1 night's hotel accommodation for this purpose, however transportation must be available through the member's own institution
Serve as the liaison between the CORNET institutions in your region and the Executive Committee
- Maintain contact through periodic communication with regional residency training programs
- Represent CORNET and present updates at Regional APA meetings
- Recruit additional institutions/practices within your region
- Encourage institutions/practices in your region to participate in new CORNET studies
- Solicit and help generate research study ideas from regional practices
- Communicate with regional practices about upcoming CORNET research studies and recruit interested practice sites
- Assist practices, whenever possible, in the implementation of CORNET research studies
- Help maintain regional lists of pediatric residency programs and notify CORNET office of any changes
- Advise on possible funding opportunities
Here is a brief update on the projects CORNET will be working on in the new year:
-Implementing the practice changes in 14 sites as a part of CORNET's quality improvement project, National Partnership for Adolescent Immunization (NPAI). Currently all sites have been oriented and the Learning Collaborative phase is underway!
-Analyzing data from the Adolescent Immunizations in Medical Home Initiative (AIMHI and Resident Health Information Technology Survey (RHIT studies. Expect a feedback report if your site participated in either of these studies!
-Developing manuscripts for submission from the Value of CORNET, Fluoride Varnish, and Bright Futures Oral Health (BFOH) studies.
CORNET at PAS 2014
We are already excited about plans for PAS this year in beautiful Vancouver. Every year we look forward to the collaboration, networking and professional exchange that results from meeting our members face to face. Look for announcements coming soon on the listserv for the CORNET membership meeting, open to all members.