- > Research
- > Research in Academic Pediatrics Initiative on Diversity (RAPID) FAQs
Research in Academic Pediatrics Initiative on Diversity (RAPID) FAQs
- Can an applicant apply for RAPID and a Young Investigator Award (YIA) at the same time?
Yes, but the RAPID and YIA projects must be substantively different from each other (i.e., address entirely different research questions). Only one award, however, will be given by the APA per Principal Investigator per year.
- Who is eligible to apply?
RAPID targets applicants who are members of an underrepresented minority group (URM), disabled, or from a socially, culturally, economically, or educationally disadvantaged background, as defined by the National Institutes of Health.
- My institution requires that I include indirect costs. Is this acceptable?
Indirect costs are not acceptable, and will not be considered.
- Can I include funds for a statistician in my budget?
Yes, direct costs for statisticians are acceptable, as long as they are properly justified in the proposal.
- Where do I send my proposal?
Only electronic submissions will be accepted. Applications must be submitted through the APA website at the following link: https://www.academicpeds.org/members/RIYIAentry/?awd=rapid
- To whom should letters be addressed?
Letters should be addressed to Dr. Glenn Flores, RAPID Program Director, 6728 Old McLean Village Drive, McLean, VA 22101. Please note, that letters need to be uploaded on the submission website with all required elements of the proposal.
- What format should I use for my biosketch?
The biographical sketch should follow the standard NIH biosketch form, no more than two pages, and must include a personal statement. The form can be found at the following site http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/biosketch.doc; instructions for filling it out can be found at http://grants.nih.gov/grants/funding/phs398/biosketchsample.doc
- I am not an APA member; can I still submit a letter of intent?
Yes, but ONLY if your letter of intent is preceded by an application for APA membership. The APA membership application is available at www.academicpeds.org/aboutUs/about_membership_application.cfm