Advocacy Training SIG
The Advocacy Training SIG is composed of trainees (students, residents, and fellows) as well as faculty mentors interested in the development of training curricula and programs that promote advocacy education as a core component of pediatric professionalism.
The Advocacy Training SIG supports community outreach, health promotion, and health policy activity as an integral part of medical training and ongoing career advocacy for social change.
- To support the development of pediatricians who are able to identify the needs of their communities
- To facilitate exchange of ideas between educators and trainees in best practices in advocacy education
- To maintain the presence of advocacy in professional development at academic training centers and for community pediatricians
- Workshop development and support at the PAS Annual meeting
- SIG meeting with support for trainee research and program planning
- Themed meetings with expert discussants
- Trainee plenary presentations and poster session
- Support for CPTI programs
- Dissemination of best practices advocacy curricula and innovation
Happy Summer Everyone,
At the conclusion of PAS 2017, Drs. Marny Dunlap, Nancy Kelly, and Marjorie Rosenthal will step down after completing their terms as Advocacy Training SIG Co-chairs. Dr. Sara Bode will continue on for another year and we'll also welcome 2 new co-chairs. Nominations were solicited and elections for the 2 new co-chairs will be held June 27-July 22, 2016.
Next year at PAS, the Advocacy Training SIG will partner with Environmental Health Training SIG for a joint session. We'll post more details as we begin to plan out this exciting session!
Have a wonderful summer!
Your Advocacy Training Co-Chairs,
Current SIG Co-Chairs:
Sara Bode, MD
1919 E. Thomas
Phoenix, AZ 85016
Phone: (602) 820-7701
Marianne Dunlap, MD
1200 Children's Ave.
Oklahoma City, OK 73104
Phone: (405) 271-4407
Nancy Kelly, MD, MPH
Children's Medical Center
Dallas, TX 75235
Phone: (214) 456-7691
Marjorie Rosenthal, MD
269 West Rock Ave
New Haven, CT 06515
Phone: (203) 785-6377