Child Abuse SIG
The Child Abuse Pediatrics SIG provides opportunity for members to meet annually at the PAS meetings. We address cutting edge topics that are relevant to child abuse pediatricians, primary care providers, and other professionals who serve children and adolescents experiencing child maltreatment, sexual assault, family violence, and out of home placement as a result of these traumatic experiences.
The Child Abuse Pediatrics SIG goals are to:
- Provide a forum for APA members to discuss clinical, research and advocacy issues pertaining to child maltreatment and other forms of family violence.
- Offer an opportunity to network with other professionals with similar interests
- Introduce other child health professionals to the fields of child maltreatment and family violence.
- Collaborate with members of other national pediatrics organizations to disseminate information about child abuse pediatrics and evidence based practices.
Sunday, May 2nd, 2010
The Child Abuse SIG meeting was held at the Pediatric Academic Societies' Meeting in Vancouver, Canada
The first part of our SIG meeting was focused on child maltreatment prevention, with three speakers offering different perspectives.
The meeting then shifted gears to a focus on the future of Child Abuse Pediatrics
Sunday, May 4,2008
8-11 AM. The agenda for the SIG was as follows:
8:00-8:50 Radiologic dating of intracranial hemorrhage Katie Deye, M.D.
8:50-9:30 Cutaneous mimickers of child abuse Dena Nazer, M.D.
9:45-11:00 Human trafficking of minors William Shipley, Esq. (US attorney)
Clare Connors, Esq. (US attorney)
Nicole Littenberg, M.D., MPH
Links to other organizations
- Ray Helfer Society
- AAP Section on Child Abuse and Neglect
- AAP Council on Foster Care, Adoption and Kinship Care
- Academy on Violence and Abuse
- American Professional Society on the Abuse of Children
Current SIG Co-Chairs:
Wendy Lane, MD, MPH
660 W. Redwood St.
Baltimore, MD 21201
Phone: (410) 706-7865
Philip Scribano, DO, MSCE
34th & Civic Center Blvd
Philadelphia, PA 19104
Phone: (215) 590-5357