Emergency Medicine SIG
The field of education is undergoing a massive wave of innovation in the light of technological advances such as simulation, online learning and the recent emphasis on competency based metrics of learning. At the Pediatric Academic Societies meeting in May 2014, the Pediatric Emergency Medicine (PEM) Special Interest Group will discuss the impact of these educational advances on Pediatric Emergency Medicine.
Specifically, we will discuss the following:
- PEM Mock Codes' evolution from skill maintenance to patient safety/quality intervention;
- The complexities of training for disaster medicine;
- Novel uses of educational technology for teaching component skills;
- Establishing an education career in pediatric emergency medicine; and
- The power of collaborative education networks, highlighting the International Network for Simulation-based Pediatric Innovation, Research, and Education (INSPIRE).
We look forward to seeing you there and contributing to this exciting discussion.
Current SIG Co-Chairs:
Kathy Boutis, MD
555 University Avenue
Toronto, ON M5G1X8
Phone: (416) 813-8982
Martin Pusic, MD
622 West 168th Street
New York, NY 10032
Phone: (212) 305-9825